Post 8: Atmosphere; Part 2
Just a quick one today. I implemented a forest using the Procedural Foliage Volume and Foliage Types.
This was as simple as:
- Creating a Procedural Foliage Volume
- Creating Foliage Types out of all of my tree models
- Creating a Procedural Foliage Spawner
- Populating the Spawner with the trees that I wanted
- Messing around with the spawn sizes, areas and what not to achieve the spawn patterns that I would ideally want.
I had some issues with detection of the landscape, but eventually with some fiddling, managed to make it work. I’ll throw some variations in trees and tone down the numbers, but for now, it’s looking really good!